26 January 2009
Free Vista Blue Aurora Boot Screen
NOTE: For Windows Vista ONLY!!!
Includes Boot Screens for the following aspect ratios:
* Standard (4:3) - 1024x768, 1280x960, 1600x1200, etc.
* 5:4 - 1280x1024
* Ultra Widescreen (16:9) - 1920x1080, 1280x720, etc.
* Widescreen (16:10) - 2560x1600, 1920x1200, 1280x800, etc.
1. Take ownership of "winload.exe.mui" by browsing to "C:\Windows\System32\en-US" (replace en-US by abbreviations for the language of your OS), and editing file permissions under the "Security" tab to give the Administrator ownership and all rights. (Screenshot: [link] )
2. Rename the original "winload.exe.mui" to "winload.exe.mui.bak" and paste the desired bootscreen's version into this folder.
3. Reboot to see how it looks... (if you want...)
(16:9 and 5:4 are not shown in the preview. The preview shows the images as they will appear on-screen when booting.)
Author: salmanarif | Website: deviantart.com